STAR is a transnational forum of scholars advancing global social mobility through innovative research and progressive advocacy efforts. Our mission is to create, and share published scholarly research focused on international education by facilitating academic exchange across the globe. We envision a humane world through promotion and exchange of knowledge across borders.
Scholars interested to join the Network can apply to become members by using this form. The benefits of membership include:
- networking with scholars invested in the promotion of locally situated research and publication that is transnationally collaborative and mutually beneficial
- mentorship by and collaboration with other STAR scholars for enhancing your research and publication
- discounted registration fees and other perks from organizers of STAR international conferences
- fees that may be offset by your institution as a STAR institution for training on research/publication, integration of research into teaching, etc
- invitation to STAR Scholar and STAR Fellow status based on contribution
- preferential access to professional development resources
Institutional membership offers the following benefits:
- qualified to organize STAR international conference, deciding themes and objectives fitting institutional need within STAR framework
- training programs tailored to institutional needs
- discount for members designated to attend STAR events, including conferences, international exchange, local workshops, etc
- consultation from and direct contact with STAR Network
For institutional membership, please contact Dr. Uttam Gaulee at email@example.com.
STAR Fellows are scholars with expertise, terminal degrees and published research in international higher education leadership. STAR Fellows serve for three years as ambassadors for our society, enjoying a platform to highlight their research profile and an opportunity to collaborate with other scholars in the field.
- Dr. Abebaw Yirga Adamu, Addis Ababa University (Ethiopia)
- Dr. Akiyoshi Yonezawa, Tohoku University (Japan)
- Dr. Ana Ivenicki, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)
- Dr. Attaullah Wahidyar, Senior Advisor, Ministry of Education, Kabul, Government of Afghanistan
- Dr. Danilo de Melo Costa, Centro Universitário Una (Brazil)
- Dr. Desire Yamutuale, Peel District School Board (Canada)
- Dr. Francis Musa Boakari, Federal University of Piauí, Teresina, Piauí (Brazil)
- Dr. Helen Forbes-Mewett, Monash University (Australia)
- Dr. Isabela Cabral Felix de Sousa, Fundação Oswaldo Cruz
- Dr. Jeevan Khanal, Nepal Open University (Nepal)
- Dr. Joseph Drew, Morgan State University (United States)
- Dr. Karen Robson, McMaster University (Canada)
- Dr. Ming Cheng, University of West Anglia (United Kingdom)
- Dr. Mohammad Shamsuzzaman (Bangladesh)
- Dr. Moses Madubueze Okonkwo (Nigeria)
- Dr. Mousumi Mukherjee, O.P. Jindal Global University (India)
- Dr. Pedro Villarreal III (USA)
- Dr. Ricardo Morales-Ulloa, Universidad Pedagógica Nacional Francisco Morazán (Honduras)
- Dr. Rita Locatelli, University of Begamo (Italy)
- Dr. Shyam Thapa (USA)
- Dr. Susan Allen Namalefe, University of North Texas (United States)
- Dr. William Marcus Cutright, United States
- Dr. Ambika P. Adhikari, United States
- Dr. Debjani Sihi, United State
- Dr. Daya Singh Sandhu, United States
- Dr. Purna Nepali, Nepal
- Dr. Otonjargal Okhidoi, Mongolia
Interested in becoming a STAR Fellow? Please fill out this STAR Fellow Application Form
STAR Scholars are emerging leaders in scholarship and research, often practitioners in the field of international education with growing experience in the field. STAR Scholars serve for three years as ambassadors for our society, enjoying a platform to highlight their professional profile and an opportunity to collaborate with other scholars around the world.
- Ananta Ram Baidya (USA)
- Hany Attala, World Learning (Egypt)
- Julie Chami Lindsay, University of Toronto (Canada)
- Keri Myrick, University of Houston (United States)
- Larissa Chekmareva, University of Massachusetts Amherst (United States)
- Madhukar Pandey (Nepal)
- Norin Taj, University of Toronto (Canada)
- Shabeer Amirali, University of Louisville (USA)
- Shaikh Farid, The University of Dhaka (Bangladesh)
- Sherrie Lee (New Zealand)
- Sumera Ahsan, University of Massachusetts, Amherst (United States)
- Surendra Subedi, Country Director (Nepal)
Are you an emerging leader interested in joining a global network of STAR Scholars?
Complete a STAR Scholar Application Form today!
Responsibilities of STAR Fellows and Scholars
- STAR fellows and scholars contribute to the mission of STAR Network by collaborating with other STAR members and mentoring emerging scholars
- They help advance global social mobility, democratic values, and social justice agenda through research and publication
- They participate in yearly general meetings, uphold the mission of STAR Scholars through the research and publications, be the world ambassador of humanity by advancing the STAR mission with exemplary professional activities.
STAR Fellows may also be asked to consider leading initiatives, such as our webinar and training series, and policy formulation.