Our 2019-2020 webinar series is organized in collaboration with the Open Journals in Education (OJED), Journal of International Students (JIS) and Comparative and International Education Society (CIES).
JOINT WEBINAR SERIES
This webinar series will focus on issues of international education, comparative education, dissertation writing, publication collaboration, mentoring, research and scholarship, study abroad, transnational collaboration of educators, and global social mobility.
Anyone interested in the webinars can use the YouTube link provided on this page for listening to the conversation.
Scholars interested to contribute as panelists can add their names and suggest themes from here.
For any questions, please contact Janet Gao at email@example.com.
- What does an internationalised curriculum look like? (video)
- Recommendations for a Successful Career in Higher Education
- Rethinking Education Across Borders: Emerging Issues and Insights (VIDEO)
- Publication Tips: Conversation with Editors (video) (PDF)
- Global Perspectives on International Student Experiences (video)
- Conversations with journal editors: Tips and traps for academic publication (video)
- Virtual Exchange: Globally Connected Teaching and Learning (video)
- Recommendations for a Successful Career in Higher Education (video)
- Elements of Effective Team Building (video)
- Keynote speech: STAR Indonesia Conference (video)
ABOUT THE ORGANIZERS
Study Abroad and International Students SIG
This SIG seeks to create a professional network of researchers and practitioners working to understand the issues and challenges as well as share the best practices related to international student mobility in K-12 and beyond, education abroad, and exchange programs globally. The mission of this SIG is to promote interdisciplinary scholarship opportunities and critical dialogues by connecting professionals and academics who are involved in serving the international student population. More information at https://jistudents.org/sig-committee/
STAR Scholars Network
STAR is a transnational forum of scholars advancing global social mobility through innovative research and progressive advocacy efforts. Our mission is to create and share publish scholarly research focused on international education by facilitating academic exchange across the globe. We envision a humane world through promotion and exchange of knowledge across borders. More information at https://starscholars.org/
Journal of International Students
An interdisciplinary, peer-reviewed publication, the Journal of International Students is a professional venue that publishes theoretical and empirically-based research articles, narrative essays especially on study-abroad /international student experience, book reviews, and reflective writing about international education. More information at https://jistudents.org/8-3/
* Webinars are online discussions that usually feature a few experts who discuss specific topics while audience, of any size, watch and may also ask questions of the discussants.