A CALL FOR SOCIAL IMPACT ARCHITECTS TO COLLABORATE IN BUILDING A SUSTAINABLE AFRICAN DIASPORA ECOSYSTEM
“We are now faced with the fact that tomorrow is today. We are confronted with the fierce urgency of now. In this unfolding conundrum of life and history,
there “is” such a thing as being too late. This is no time for apathy or complacency. This is a time for vigorous and positive action.”
– Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
We stand at both a monumental time and action for the global African community to unite behind a bold approach to improve our quality of life and build a more sustainable and innovative future for Africa and her Diaspora.
The “fierce urgency of now” is for a design of an African Diaspora Nation. This nation, our nation, is a virtual borderless collaborative of social impact leaders, change agents and social entrepreneurs who are resolved to architect an organic ecosystem that serves as a hub of opportunity and growth, attracting social capital, people, social services, and businesses from all over the world. The goal is to fortify and create new markets and significantly improve the economic, health and social well-being of African diasporic communities and beyond. Let us imagine integrating the genius of ancestors in designing a Black Wall Street and technology innovations of today in making a Virtual Nation: A New African Diaspora, accessible to every African around the world!
The global pandemic, COVID-19, has laid bare disparities in all aspects of life for the overlooked or forgotten people around the world. These disparities have festered long before the current viral scourge and, although we applaud the global effort to defeat this enemy of humanity, we fear that there will be little or no resources for or attention paid to address these longstanding challenges to the African Diaspora.
We are sure that this call to action is already meeting you as a committed individual who is accountable to your community; your efforts are invaluable as a member of a group of thoughtful, committed social innovators. Our call to action is a request for your leadership to pull together the African Diaspora Nation.
On June 19th and 20th, 2020 we will gather for 2 days of the following:
- Declaring our resolve to work together to respond to the challenges of pervasive disparities and building a borderless network.
- Listening to “Architectural Keynote Addresses” from leaders and entrepreneurs with bold, game-changing approaches that will produce powerful results and lasting impact that can be piloted or scaled across the African Diaspora and beyond.
- Creating a vision for a future where addressing social, economic, health and environmental disparities is a clear priority.
- Strategizing and creating a shaping plan with clear and measurable milestones.
- Putting innovative ideas into action – deploying the power of markets combined with social capital to address critical issues including improving access to clean water and food availability, protecting the environment, and building and expanding healthcare, building a workforce for today and the future, and expanding intra-diasporic trade and cultural exchange, inter alia.
- Defining a cogent and vibrant advocacy platform to press national, regional, and global organizations to support proposed solutions that are feasible, scalable, evidence-based, and transformative.
The times we are living in require “beyond-the-box” solutions to longstanding disparities in a world that COVID-19 has demonstrated knows no boundaries. Let us come together with ingenuity and bold solutions to strategically address the crucial issues that stand in the way of the African Diaspora in reaching its full potential. Our collaborative effort focused on deploying social capital, innovation and entrepreneurship will have a leveraged impact on meeting under-appreciated, unmet and unarticulated needs and producing a sustainable future for the African Diaspora through strengthening communities, building and expanding markets and market access, and achieving environmentally sustainable growth.
On June 19th join keynote addresses from futurists and visionary ecosystem architects with domain expertise and a cross disciplinary synthesis of what is possible with virtual technology and collective will.
On June 20th, participate in a full day of experiences which touch our personal and collective economies.
Start your day with BodyWorx from some of the amazing practitioners from all regions of the African Diaspora,
then share your products and services in our exhibition halls.
listen in and participate in working group sessions(led by working practitioners) focused on the following domains
Participate in Virtual Speed Networking Sessions
Listen in on unique african and African Diaspora Music
- Blockchain as a Foundation for Virtual Nation Building.
- Constitutional and Governance Frameworks
- Culturally Responsible Curriculum Development and Delivery within a Virtual Framework
- Health and Telemedicine within a Virtual Framework
- Health and Wellness
- Innovations in Capital formation and Investments Leveraging Virtual Constructs
- Social Capital Development
- Media – Owning the Narrative Within a Virtual Framework
- Spirituality for Virtual Nation Building
- Science and Technology
- Agricultural Anchors for a Virtual Nation
- Fashion, Hair etc
Read more at