STAR Scholars offers a scholarly forum to publish original and innovative research related to student mobility, study abroad, exchange programs, student affairs from the US and around the world, and from a wide range of academic fields, including student affairs, international education, and cultural studies.
We would like to invite you to submit new book proposals as well as to contribute a short essay/book chapter to our upcoming book projects in our Routledge Global Student Mobility Series or the STAR Scholars Series!
Please send us your idea/abstract in 100 words or less using this form. Would you also recommend a colleague/student who might be interested?
To partially offset the cost of scholarly publication, interested researchers may apply for the STAR Scholars Publication Fund.
Accepting proposals for–
- At school in the world: Developing globally engaged teachers
- Student Mobility in K-12 Education
- International Doctoral Student Experiences in Higher Education
- Student Mobility in South and Central Asia
- Case Studies in Leading Internationalization
- Pathways to International Education Leadership
- Managing Risks in Education Abroad
Upcoming Books in the Series
Unintended Outcomes of Internationalization in Higher Education: Comparative International Perspectives on the Impacts of Policy and Practice (Editors – Shahrzad Kamyab, Rosalind L. Raby)
Student Mobilities from the Global South (Editors – Carola Bauschke-Urban, Dorina Dedgjoni)
- Online Teaching, Learning and Virtual Experiences in Global Higher Education (Editors- Roy Chan et al)
- Social Mobility in Higher Education (Editors – Chris Glass, Peggy Gesing)
- International Faculty Experience at Colleges and Universities (Editors Glass et al)
- International Student Support and Engagement (Editors – Mutiara Mohamad, Janet Boyd)
- Constructions of International Students in the Middle East (Editor – Aneta Hayes)
- International Students in Community Colleges (Editors -Malveaux et al)
- Impact of COVID-19 on Global Student Mobility and HE (Editors — Bista et al)
- Rethinking Internationalization and International Education at HBCUs
- Developing Intercultural Competence: International Students’ Journey (Editors — Lily A. Arsaratnam-Smith, Darla K. Deardorff
Published Related Books
- Inequalities in Study Abroad and Student Mobility: Navigating Challenges and Future Directions (Editors – Suzan Kommers, Krishna Bista)
- Rethinking education across borders: Emerging issues and important insights on globally mobile (Gaulee et al)
- International Student Education in Tertiary Settings: Interrogating Programs and Processes in Diverse Contexts by Zhang et al
- Digital Experiences of International Students by Chang
- The Lived Experience of Chinese International Students in the U.S.: An Academic Journey
- The Geographies of International Student Mobility: Spaces, Places and Decision-Makingby Suzanne E. Beech
- Multidisciplinary Perspectives on International Student Experience in Canadian Higher Education by Vander Tavares
- International Joint Double Degrees and International Transitions in Higher Education: The Self, Pedagogy and Culture by Jan Katherine Bamfo
- Highly-Skilled Migration: Between Settlement and Mobility: Research Series)by Agnieszka
- International Student Mobility and Access to Higher Education by Or et al.
- International student mobility and opportunities for growth in the global market. IGI Global Publications.
- Global perspectives and local challenges surrounding international student mobility. IGI Global Publications.
- Global perspectives on international student experiences in higher education: Tensions and issues. Routledge.
- Higher education in Nepal: Policies and perspectives. Routledge. (Bista et al)