Hari Prasad Upadhyaya is a social activist by profession, and neuro-linguistic programmer and spiritual practitioner by passion. He serves as secretory of Light of Life Nepal, a youth-led non-profit organization established to work for the positive transformation of youth and children. He completed his master’s in social work from Mid-Western University in Nepal. Since 2015, He is actively engaged in social activities especially for youth and children in the theme of education, good governance, and empowerment. An ultimate goal of his life is being happy by making others happy. To advance this mission, he assembled a team to establish an organization. Mr. Upadhyaya’s 4 years of engagement has created a remarkable impact on social transformation. Below are some of his achievements so far.
- Advisor, AASA Network Surkhet: – As we work in the society for the socio-economic empowerment of youth here in Surkhet through different campaign and programs. We decided to form a youth network involving more than 6000 youths across district mobilizing in the communities, local levels to district level against child marriage and corruption.
- Exchange Alumni, US Department of State: – Hari had an honor to be selected as an exchange fellow in ‘Professional Fellows Program for Governance and Society 2018’ from Nepal. The program gave chance to visit us and learn about the community/social development, political scenario, federalism and cultural perspective in the USA for 40 days, we got to share a professional fellows congress where 308 fellows participated from 64 counties. More than that he got the chance to meet with Nepali peoples who are there in a diverse field.
- Participant, Nepali emerging leaders program 2019:- A youth empowering program jointly organized by leadership academy, Kathmandu and Kroc Institute for Peace and Justice, University of San Diego, USA involving 42 emerging youths from diverse background across country (6 from each province), which organize fellowship program quarterly for 2-3 day until a year at all geographic locations of Nepal i.e. Himal, Pahad and Tarai. It is providing a platform for me to connect with other emerging youth leaders across the country and with the mentors who are already succeeding in their profession or field.
- Participant, Youth leadership program 2019:- An yearly program facilitate by lead international involving around 200 youth professionals from a diverse background across country, it is a kind of competition as well, among four sessions in a year only 24 professional will be selected as youth leaders among all. They facilitate us to interact together on the burning issues of the community or professions we are engaged in and enable us to find out a solution together. He has already reached the 2nd round and competing for the third one.
Currently, toward achieving his personal and professional goals, he is actively working for two issues;
- Public library establishment movement in Surkhet: – An open knowledge park where all kind of people can reach out and learn for their life not only to attend the exam and get a certificate. It is an open learning space where we can learn, inspire and transform person, peoples, and society. It is a provincial level movement.
- Brain Gain Nepal Movement:- A movement to gather educated, experienced and skillful Nepali peoples from around the world in one place and let them inspire, share and support other people who really are in need. It is a country-wide movement.